Dental Crowns – Sebastian, FL
Offering Greater Protection Against Tooth Decay
Looking for a restorative solution that offers greater protection for your decayed and weakened teeth? At Sebastian Dental, Dr. Pirkle can deliver a safe and effective treatment that will not only repair your teeth but also improve the look of your smile – dental crowns. These small restorations can work to rebuild your regular tooth without shining a spotlight on your dental work. If you are ready to learn more about dental crowns and what they can do for you, review the following information and contact us to schedule your appointment.
Why Choose Sebastian Dental for Dental Crowns?
- Materials that match your natural tooth color to create a seamless smile
- Custom-made restorations that fit comfortably
- Personalized treatment plan to meet your individual needs
What is a Dental Crown and How Do I Know I Need a Crown?
A dental crown is a custom-made restoration that is matched to your natural tooth color, size, and shape and designed to protect a weakened tooth that is decayed or damaged. Also known as a “cap,” these are best used when a tooth:
- Has been damaged in some way
- Is severely decayed
- Has a large filling that is no longer allowing the tooth to remain stable
- Recently received a root canal
- Is in need of a restoration after having a dental implant put into place
The Dental Crown Process
It takes two visits in order to receive a dental crown. During the first visit, Dr. Pirkle will examine your smile before administering anesthesia to make you more comfortable. After cleaning the affected tooth and removing all signs of decay, it will be filled with composite resin to seal the tooth from further reinfection or damage.
You will receive a temporary crown to wear until you return to our office to have it removed and the finalized restoration put into place.
What Are the Benefits to Dental Crowns?
It should come as no surprise that dental crowns offer various benefits, especially since they’ve been used by dental professionals for decades, if not longer. Some of the advantages of choosing a dental crown to protect your weakened tooth include:
- Improved appearance
- Increased confidence
- Natural smile aesthetic
- Improved oral health by keeping infection out
- A longer-lasting restoration you can enjoy for a decade or longer
- Easily maintained with regular brushing, flossing, rinsing, and frequent visits to see us
- Allows your natural tooth to regain its strength while remaining protected
Top Care Tips for Crowns
- Use fluoride toothpaste to prevent tooth decay and strengthen tooth enamel
- Brush your teeth twice daily for two full minutes
- Floss at least once a day to remove harmful bacteria
- Rinse with an ADA-approved mouthwash
- Keep your six-month dental checkups and cleanings to allow us to check on your restoration
- Avoid eating hard, crunchy foods, as these can damage your natural and artificial teeth